• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I wish

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iphone 12 pro, ipad pro, watch 6, homepod (the big one), imac 32G, 1 TB, Bitdefender (paid)
I wish that it would be possible for that data that Apple has health on the iphone could be uploaded somewhere . It is good data and yet getting it from the phone to the computer isn't an option now.

I wish Apple would produce more than 1 watch band for those of us who have Popeye forearms and there large is a tight fit if at all. They make one band , black??? Yeah, if I sprung and got a red watch then that might look nice, but it is crap.

I wish someone at Apple would read these forums and really make something we all want to our specifications.

I wish more developers would take an interest in developing software for macs such as weather software. There is only 1 developer that has software so I can extract it to my mac from my weather station. I take it back, two when for windows a lot more.

I wish I won the lotttery.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you made Apple aware of your wishes?

OP
DesMoinesBoy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iphone 12 pro, ipad pro, watch 6, homepod (the big one), imac 32G, 1 TB, Bitdefender (paid)
Most of them. The watch band the biggie and that was back about 4 years ago. They sure listen. I did notice that the velcro large works , and my left arm is bigger than the right, so I switch arms. Oh brother, always something it seems. Oh lookie it is raining out. gee

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hold on one second!;)

I thought you only wanted 1 wish...I'm seeing at least 5:

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 3.06.46 PM.png

Even if you find & rub a Genie's Lamp...you only get 3 wishes! Lol

I think the last wish is the most important!!!:)

Nick

OP
DesMoinesBoy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So I am a tad greedy with the lamp. Well if I can't win the lottery with the US money thing, I will accept a better watch band. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Well if I can't win the lottery with the US money thing, I will accept a better watch band. :)

I don't know if it will help you very much, but a quick Google search shows that Apple has large 45 mm Apple watch bands and so does Amazon:
44mm Black Sport Band Extra Large

"apple watch extra large band"

(outdated link removed

Just try the amazon.com site rather than the Canadian Amazon dot CA site that I posted.

- Patrick
=======

Last edited:
OP
DesMoinesBoy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a 250mm wrist . I saw that band , it is black. lordy but thank you anyway

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a 250mm wrist . I saw that band , it is black. lordy but thank you anyway

I cannot believe how many watch strap ads on the internet cannot even be bothered to state the max or minimum wrist size that they would fit.

That is just asinine absurdly stupid, especially if they are expecting to sell a watch strap to someone who would like to confirm it would possibly fit before ordering one.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I wish that it would be possible for that data that Apple has health on the iphone could be uploaded somewhere . It is good data and yet getting it from the phone to the computer isn't an option now.

Uh, yeah it is an option. You can export it straight from the app. Tap on your avatar (top right corner); scroll down to the bottom; tap on "Export...".

I wish Apple would produce more than 1 watch band for those of us who have Popeye forearms and there large is a tight fit if at all. They make one band , black??? Yeah, if I sprung and got a red watch then that might look nice, but it is crap.

The third party ecosystem exists to fill in these gaps. Hurray!

I wish someone at Apple would read these forums and really make something we all want to our specifications.

No one can be everything to everyone.

OP
DesMoinesBoy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know all that stuff. But thanks.
on the health thing, I know for example, when I load to my phone my blood glucose reading, it goes to an online site the company has for that app and I can assemble reports there. I wish that there was some sort of way with future ware that it could happen.
I do have excel (which is better than Visacalc) and know how to use that and I could get some of the data processing. Well, I thought it was a good suggestion.
Watchbands, well that is going to be a wish. Yeah with 250mm wrists and 225 is the top large size, I am limited in what I can use. It isn't from fat content, the arms are just that way.

I am trying to send 55.4 mb data file and it is zipped and nothaving any of that.

OP
DesMoinesBoy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did get it to send and also exported via airdrop. All that is in the folder : are clinical records and ekg in cvs format and the records are worthless. No, what I wished for are all the other data instead of that stuff, like the SPO2 . Oh well, maybe in another version out there being developed.

I wish we could delete our postings.

Attachments

• grab0.jpg
    grab0.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 9

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is that an apple product for 99 or 49?
Are you kidding...more than that!!! This would be "Apple Custom"...and custom is always more expensive!;)

Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is that an apple product for 99 or 49?

You are joking right??? I was thinking the same sort of thing but as Nick says, that is an Apple Customs strap and would normally sell at least $499.00usd!!! Buckle extra...😒

The Paracord Watch Band strap is a little bit less gross but unfortunately doesn't seem to be long enough for your use:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B078D69NX1/

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.