I think I just got the BLACK screen of death...

Reaction score
It's pretty hard to know if you entire computer is free of malicious files. One of the most annoying thing about Windows is that when you download or install something it sprays hundreds of random files all over your computer, another reason its so easy to get infected.
Which leads me to bring up my previous point of not installing random programs onto your PC. I really don't understand why it is so hard for people to avoid these things. Legitimate software do not "spray hundreds of random files all over your computer". Even the most complex programs will keep themselves organized in their own folder, sometimes making changes to the registry or adding a few files into your Windows folder.

Just run good antivirus software (AVG, Avast) and some good spyware cleaners (Ad-aware, Spybot S&D). You may want to throw in a firewall but it's not required if you're behind a router.

I just feel ashamed that I am near 500posts and didn't know the Black screen of Death Existed! :(
Haha, you shouldn't associate the number of posts with how much you know. We're all still learning.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.