I Pod was stolen, is there a way to find serial # in my macbook?

Reaction score
My I pod that I have loved and cherished for 4 years was stolen right out of my car about a week ago. I believe it was my shady neighbors or their shady friends. I live in a low crime neighborhood, but I lock my car 75% of the time, so they must have been real sly about it.
Anyways, in order to file a police report I think I will probably need my serial number and as much information as I can find about it for them.
Is there a way to look in my system to find this information??
I have a macbook osx 10.4.11
Any help is greatly appreciated

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No. The iPod serial number only shows up when it's attached to your Mac. If you registered it with Apple or bought Apple care for it, they may still have your serial number on file.

Regards.

Reaction score
Also, if you still have the box, it should be on the box. I know my Classic has the serial number on the box.

Reaction score
did you buy from apple on line store

Did you buy your ipod on line, or get it as a promotion when you bought your mac? If so, your shipping notice that they emailed you would have the serial number. Just a thought...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.