• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

i need girl advice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Heh...sounds a lot like what happened to me in March of 1998. There was a girl I'd been just e-mailing back and forth for about a year; nothing intense, we just were mutual Brian Wilson fans who stumbled on each other because of a web site that I had. She e-mails me one day and said that the guy she had an on-again, off-again relationship/friendship with (at the time it was "off-again" in the relationship, "on-again" in friendship) had an audition for an orchestra in Chicago (where I was living then and am living again now) and she'd be coming to town with him. "While he's auditioning, let's meet for lunch and go record shopping."

That's what we did...only a lot more happened. By "a lot more" I mean that we had lunch and went record shopping, but something happened, know what I mean? Just the vibes...I couldn't describe it at the time, other than that I knew I needed to see her again somehow, and apparently the feeling was mutual. Problem: she lived in New Jersey.

We talked on the phone and e-mailed and concluded that we had the same feelings. We communicated for months over phone and e-mail, and I went to visit her for a week, and decided to move to New Jersey.

Well...it's ten years later, and we've now been married for eight and a half years. :)

Heh...a friend of mine before was talking about how he wanted to set me up with a friend of his. I said, "Naaaah, she lives in Morris, that's too far away." (That was only about a half-hour drive!) Heh...little did I know what I'd do just under a year later...

The fact is...if the out-of-state one truly is the one for you, you WILL find a way to get with her, especially if the feeling is mutual. That is, if you're old enough, at least. (In my case, I was 23 years old.)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i'm trying to determine if that's profound or found in a fortune cookie...

;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
As the father of a teenage girl that recently went on a cruise I can assure you that going after the local girl is a better idea. Better for your health and well being that way O:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.