• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

i Movie Recovery

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10.12.4. plus an older mac
I made some nice little iMovies a few years ago, posted them on YouTube.

I would like to post these on VIMEO.

I cannot find my movies! They do not seem to come up. However there is stuff in the "libraries."

I tried to move them from YouTube to my Desktop and then to Vimeo but no luck.

Before I delve into my external hard drive with hopes of finding something, I thought it owuld be a good idea to post here.

I see my profile has an older mac. MY OS is Cataline.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

John

PS. The iMovie Ap is no longer available on Apple TV. Is this related?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
If they posted on YouTube they should have no issues posting to VIMEO. You can download your videos from YouTube and then upload them to VIMEO. I would select the highest quality YouTube offers for download.

You say you tried to move your videos from YouTube to your desktop to VIMEO but it didn't work. Just how did you do this?

If you could send me a link to one of your YouTube videos I can take a look.

Lisa

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lisa, Many thanks!

I hope this helps:

I snagged these two, the videos ~I would like to transfer. I did do some trys but just got text stuff.

I hope this helps!

Meditation for You: Flights: Arrivals and Departures, with the Collective Butterfly Orchestra - YouTube
and

I have not done a more extensive search for my originals (in IMovie)

Thanks again!

John

On Mar 24, 2022, at 3:41 PM, Mac-Forums <[email protected]> wrote:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I downloaded your first video with no issues using the app link below. I picked 720p for the quality and I now have two mp4 files that play on my M1 mac. Just open the YouTube page with your video, copy the link so it is in your clipboard then open the app and click on the paste link green button.

Lisa

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow and thanks Lisa! I will give this a whirl tonight and get back to you soon! Wonderful!

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Success and thank you again!

vimeo jbglapaaz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your very welcome and no problem!

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.