I have two keyboards and two mouses hooked up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac osx 10.5.8
I have my t.v. hooked up to my iMac. I just hooked up a new wireless keyboard and mouse to the computer to use on the t.v. when I mirror the screens. The new keyboard and mouse are Microsoft and need a flash drive(not sure if that's what you call it) plugged into the usb port to work. As I don't always use the t.v. as a monitor, can I turn the wireless keyboard and mouse off without taking out the flash drive thing. Sorry if my terminology is wrong. I want to know if there is a way to conserve on batteries without actually having to take out the flash drive every time it's not in use. I am using Snow Leopard if that makes a difference. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP
By 'flash drive' perhaps you are referring to an IR or Bluetooth dongle/receiver?

In which case, you can leave that plugged in all the time. Battery drain will be minimal as long as nothing is continually pressing keyboard keys or moving the mouse around...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.