I am new to here, two things anyone help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OSX 10.4.11, 1gig Memory, iPod Shuffle the First and Second generation
Hi there,

I'm new to here. I am very happy to be here since don't know much about Macintosh computer. I've been using iMac osx intel core2duo, OS Tiger 10.4.11 for nearly five years?? I think.

I have following two questions and anyone help me on these?

1.)
I have recovery discs Disc 1 and Disc 2 and I reinstall OS whenever I need reinstall OSX Tiger using those discs from internal DVD drive. Would it be possible using external hard drive and/or DVD drive for OS recovery ??

2.)
I've been using almost four to five years. I think average time in a day is that would be 5-8 hours per day. I don't use energy-safe mode. Under the those situations, I wanted to know display life time in average. If the display was broken, then would it be possible to hook up the external display from the connector backside and continue to use the machine other than display?? The resolution is currently 1440 x 900, if possible to do so, what kind of type of display monitor is applicable to this machine?

Thanks for all of your help,

Best Regards,
Goody

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
1. You can use Super Duper to clone your hard disk on to another and use the back-up to restore your machine
SuperDuper!

2. You will have to buy an adaptor cable but the iMac can connect to any monitor, from the old VGA monitors to modern hi-def TVs and monitors. You just need the right converter cable for whatever display you want to hook it up to

OP
Goody
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OSX 10.4.11, 1gig Memory, iPod Shuffle the First and Second generation
1. You can use Super Duper to clone your hard disk on to another and use the back-up to restore your machine
SuperDuper!

2. You will have to buy an adaptor cable but the iMac can connect to any monitor, from the old VGA monitors to modern hi-def TVs and monitors. You just need the right converter cable for whatever display you want to hook it up to

Hi louishen,

Thanks for the valuable explanations. I will consider to clone the HDD and search some appropriate
display.

Very Best Regards,

Goody,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.