How to transfer GoodReader files between iMac Big Sur and iPad (14.3)

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Up to macOS Mojave, I connected my iDevice to my iMac via USB. Opened iTunes, identified my iDevice and amongst the various options available under settings on the left, was File Sharing. Clicked on that and several choices were offered including GoodReader.

Clicked GoodReader, selected the files from my iMac and chose Add. Dead easy.

On macOS 11 Big Sur (BS), I open Finder, select my iDevice, choose what I want to sync (Music, Photos etc) from the list along the top. On this list, far right, is Files.

This brings up a list of the options exactly like the old iTunes. GoodReader is on the list. But there is no Sync function. Clicking Right or Left on GoodReader offers no choices.

So, does this mean that the function of File Sharing, previous available on iTunes, has been removed; or am I missing some other way of achieving this?

This is quite an important issue for me.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.