How to stop unwanted Screenshots on iPad (4)

Reaction score
I’m using latest iPadIOS 14.7.1. Recently noticed that at least1 or 2 unwanted / unintended screenshots appear in Photos. How do I stop this?
Thanks
Mike

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums. and thank you for your post.

I'm guessing that when you hold the iPad (or an iPhone) in your hand in order to switch it off, you inadvertently press the Volume Up button on the Left, and the Power Button on the Right, simultaneously - a sort of "squeezing" action.

That's how you take a screenshot. You might even do that when in use, not just at switch off.

Ian

A

Applescrumpy

A warm welcome to Mac-Forums. and thank you for your post.

I'm guessing that when you hold the iPad (or an iPhone) in your hand in order to switch it off, you inadvertently press the Volume Up button on the Left, and the Power Button on the Right, simultaneously - a sort of "squeezing" action.

That's how you take a screenshot. You might even do that when in use, not just at switch off.
I've set up my iPhone to take a screenshot on double tap on the back. Unfortunately if I put the phone down a little roughly it thinks I've tapped the back twice. I'll try to be a little more gently with it from now on!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I've set up my iPhone to take a screenshot on double tap on the back
I only just realized this was available and started to use it as well. I like this feature, but yesterday I ended up with 4 unintended screenshots.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.