How to send a tune via email?

Reaction score
I'd like to send a friend one tune from my iTunes library. Can it be done?

TIA

rb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You can send just about any file you want using just about any email service you want, it doesn't have to be Gmail. Just add the file as an attachment.
Though email isn't really the most ideal method for sending larger files.

OP
ralphguay
Reaction score
Email alternatives?

D3v1L80Y said:
You can send just about any file you want using just about any email service you want, it doesn't have to be Gmail. Just add the file as an attachment.

Thanks for helping this ol' brain...what is the better alternative?

TIA

rb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
For larger files, like songs or video, FTP would be a much better method.

While it is possible to do so using email, email was never designed or intended to be used to send larger file formats. Email should only really be used for smaller files like documents or small photos.

M

MadRhino23

D3v1L80Y said:

Sorry, that's not always true.... a lot of ISP's put a limit to how big your attachment is, and if your ISP doesn't stop it, chances are the next ISP or mail server will stop it....

Ralp, If your going to attempt sending anything email that is larger than 1 mb... u better STUFF it or ZIP it! :headphone :headphone

Let me know if you need space for FTP access... I can help you out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i would not reccomend sending a song in an e-mail I know somebody who did that and she got cought and has to pay a $250,000 fine..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.