How to connect two macs?

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks again, Nick. Yes, the eMac will boot into TDM, but won't show up on the MacBook's desktop as a FW drive or anything at all. Disk Utilty run on the MB shows the FW eMac drive (and I've run DU on from the MB, but no go...) but it still won't mount.
Thanks again for the help. I've tried the Hardware Test last week and it didn't show anything amiss.

OP
B
Reaction score
DONE! :) I got in touch with Alsoft this early afternoon. The tech who sounded pretty bored with it said, "Start up the MacBook in TDM." Simple! I didn't think of that! Starting the MB in TDM allowed it show up in the Preview window and then I was able to copy off the eMac to the MacBook! I have everything that I was fearing was lost, kids photos from the last six months, iTunes Library and my Appleworks documents. Thanks again for all the help and time, guys. :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
DONE! :) I got in touch with Alsoft this early afternoon. The tech who sounded pretty bored with it said, "Start up the MacBook in TDM." Simple! I didn't think of that! Starting the MB in TDM allowed it show up in the Preview window and then I was able to copy off the eMac to the MacBook! I have everything that I was fearing was lost, kids photos from the last six months, iTunes Library and my Appleworks documents. Thanks again for all the help and time, guys. :)

Congrats man!!! Sounds great that you were able to get everything you needed.

I'm not sure if your eMac hard drive is "toast"...but given the experience, how long is it going to take you to purchase an external drive for backups???;) Ha ha!:)

Congrats again,

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
Congrats man!!! Sounds great that you were able to get everything you needed.

I'm not sure if your eMac hard drive is "toast"...but given the experience, how long is it going to take you to purchase an external drive for backups???;) Ha ha!:)

Congrats again,

- Nick

Did that like yesterday! :) Actually bought a Time Capsule when I bought the book! ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.