How much memory is enough for Mac Mini?

G

gdestiny

Amen-Moses said:
According to Macworld benchmarks there is no difference when running just one major application between 256 and 1G, if otoh you are multitasking several major apps I would ask why on earth you are trying to do so on a Mini!

For day to day email, browsing and iPhoto usage there is nothing to be gained, just remember to shut down Apps when you've finished with them.

Amen-Moses

i usually run messenger, firefox, and iTunes. and maybe word and excel 2003 and photoshop for some light gfx editing. 512MB seems to feel OK. but i'd still like to go to 1GB "just because".

V

Void

All this info is very helpful guys...thanks. I was going to make a thread, but it seems unnecessary now. I can't wait to get the Mini...I've been excited ever since first seeing it in the Macmall catalog...at least as far as macs go, you really can't beat prices like that...(just 700 for one with a Superdrive?!? amazing..)

..and I'm surprised my account here still exists...s

Reaction score
I just decided on 512mb for my mini, I went out today and bought it at Circuit City, $90 after tax + $35 MIR, plus I sold my old ram for $20, so it ended up only costing me $35 to upgrade.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.