• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How many people are going to buy leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 15-inch, 2.2GHz 2gb RAM 15-inch Widescreen
Yea I understand. I guess I was speaking form my point of view.

if($yourProductive) {
$spaces = "useful feature!!!";
} else {
$spaces = "meh...>_>";
}

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" Core Duo, White, 512mb RAM
When upgrading to Leopard, will it be better to uninstall Tiger, and install Leopard from scratch, or just upgrade straight off?

Reaction score
You won't be able to 'uninstall' Tiger, short of reformatting. All the details aren't out yet, but you can be very confident that upgrading to Leopard will work just fine.

Reaction score
Im going to be getting a 24" iMac so it will come with leopard. So I guess I am indirectly buying it. I have never owned a mac before so Im really psyched about this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AMD 533 MHz, 312 mb RAM, 80 HDD. :(
I am waiting till Leopard comes out, the things they yet revealed are that great that I can wait a little longer ;-)

After than I'm just like iNick going to buy a nice iMac with leopard, would be the best choice for me

Reaction score
I'm ready to order for the house. I figure it is smarter to stay current on the versions than to get behind. My Mac has just reached its first anniversary and I am ready to play in more areas. The other half's mac was an early Christmas present and he would be happy to have no changes but will let me upgrade his anyway.

Actually I would have purchased it even if it was just a few months after buying my Mac. I love to play bleeding edge and have been known to run any beta I can test from Linux to Vista to application software. If I don't stay current then I am dead in the water teaching computer skills.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15.4" 2.2 Ghz, 160 GB, 2GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 256MB SDRAM
ill but it the first week its out.. I doubt ill go with the super version the basic version should fit my needs.

Theres a super version???!?!

haha i thought Steve Jobs was like...There is only 1 version! Blah blah unlike the Vista...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Theres a super version???!?!

haha i thought Steve Jobs was like...There is only 1 version! Blah blah unlike the Vista...

It was a joke. He said Ultimate, Business, Home, etc... will all be $129. In other words, there's only one version.

Reaction score
ohhhh, now that the new iMacs are out I really want to get one. I dont know if i can wait for leopard to come out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
I think that Leopard running on these nice iMacs will be awesome!

Reaction score
Leopard looks great anywhere...it's just amazing! I'm waiting to buy it with my MacBook!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Just one question... I probably will upgrade, but do I have to format my HD to do it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
I might. 70% I will, 30% no.

I'm still really unsure.

Reaction score
I have installed new Os with in one week most of the time with in a day or two of release so I dont see this one to be any differnt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz
I am using (legal, mind you) 9A466 ADC copy. I will probably use this until Leopard is released(can't be bothered to get the newest seed).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
:eek: Really? Awesome! In that case, yes! ^_^

How do you install a new OS without it wiping all your programs and stuff? I'm confused...

Run Mac OS disc.

Select which HDD you want to install on.

Click update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.