• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How many people are going to buy leopard?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I will probably buy a new MacBook Pro with it preinstalled - not because I'm afraid of upgrading my existing machine, but because I want a 64-bit capable machine and LED backlighting for better battery life. Might as well do it all at once and then sell my old MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
What is the Super Version? There is only Single license and Family license that I know of. 1 Computer or 5.

ya it was just a poor attempt at humor :p

Reaction score
I will probably buy a new MacBook Pro with it preinstalled - not because I'm afraid of upgrading my existing machine, but because I want a 64-bit capable machine and LED backlighting for better battery life. Might as well do it all at once and then sell my old MBP.

Hey, that's not a half bad idea. I was planning to just buy Leopard right away and install it on my 15" MBP that I bought in Jan '07. Maybe it wouldn't be terribly stupid to sell my MBP and upgrade to the new MBP WITH 10.5 already installed. Sure you're looking at an additional few hundred, but it just might be worth it... hmm. I'm happy that my MBP is in perfect condition now. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Yep, I'll buy but not right away. I want to hear the reviews and I'll probably wait 3-4 months.

I'll see what you all have to say about it first. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I'll upgrade. Probably use Dad's dev copy, since he won't. Some of the software he has to use for work requires Panther, so he hasn't upgraded to Tiger even.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
I'm buying a MBP @ the end of this year, but my iMac is keeping Tiger - at least for now. Leo looks "very nice!" <-(does best borat impression)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am curious to hear from the two people that voted no.. Why did you vote no? Fear of change? :p

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Yep, I'll buy but not right away. I want to hear the reviews and I'll probably wait 3-4 months.

I'll see what you all have to say about it first. :D

exactly. ;)

Kodor. i'm the third no. anyone who isn't going to buy it right away can't answer "yes", can they? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Yeah same here for me.

As much as I am excited about all the neat new features, I'd wait to see what everybody says and if there is any bugs to be cleared out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
I am curious to hear from the two people that voted no.. Why did you vote no? Fear of change? :p

I won't upgrade, not for any particular reason other than I don't need any of the new features.

I tend to use an OS until the computer it's on dies. Then I get a new one with whatever is current.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac--OSX 10.6.7
I'll probably wait until it's time for a new computer next summer. By then all the kinks and bugs should be worked out. I am totally satisfied with Tiger!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
I'll hopefully get it the day it's released. Typically, I'd probably wait for a month to see how the bugs got worked out and all. Since it's getting released while I'm at school (just moments away from an Apple Store) it may be the only chance I ever get to go to an OS release night.

Also, I haven't made a cool Apple purchase since my MBP last July, so I'm really looking forward to getting something new. Won't be upgrading the iMac G5 though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I'll probably wait for 10.5.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
How many people are going to buuy leopard? Tens of dozens...or a lot...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i wont be. or thats what im saying at the moment. i would probably get it around xmas because i will be wanting new features !

but at the moment i am saying no.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
exactly. ;)

Kodor. i'm the third no. anyone who isn't going to buy it right away can't answer "yes", can they? ;)

the OP asked if people were going to buy it. I saw nothing asking about when they plan to buy it. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I'm loving the previews of Leopard.

When I saw the screen shots of the 'stacks' thing I thought - what a gimmick - I'll never use it - but when I saw the keynote and saw it in action I changed my mind - really cool.

iChat - as I am unable to use iChat with anyone else - it didn't really do anything for me.

Spaces is such a cool idea - love using that sort of thing in Linux.

Time Machine looked outstanding last time I saw it - sounds like it could be a real handy tool core animation looks wicked - liking the cover flow thing - It all looks great - I found my self to be very impressed by the WWDC keynote - just because of what we were being told/demo'd about Leopard.

The preview thing was really good - especially the way it handled PDFs.

Thought the iPhone stuff was a bit rubbish though - making apps for iphone using a browser - sounds like a cop out to me.

I'm looking forward to it [Leopard] - money will be put aside sometime soon :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Thought the iPhone stuff was a bit rubbish though - making apps for iphone using a browser - sounds like a cop out to me.

Yeah and you will have to be connected to some kind of data network to use them. =[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Anyone know what cost of Leopard will be in UK?

Edit - no worries - just seen else where that it'll be same price as previous version so that about £90 right?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.