• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How good is this Craigslist ??......... 17Yr old swapped a mobile phone for a Porsche

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
It makes me sick to think that I can't sell my own blood, but I can give it to the Red Cross that then sells it to a hospital that then adds on more costs until the person that needed it ends up paying $75 to $100 a pint for something I gave for free.
Of course the Red Cross's record is far from pristine, but they have a pretty good track record of selling "clean" blood. When they sell it, they guarantee the blood type, when it was drawn, how long it has been stored and how and that the blood is free from disease or contaminants that could potentially harm the recipient. Can you make the same claim?

This is also how they raise money so they can help people in distress and not charge them for their services.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2008 MBP
Of course the Red Cross's record is far from pristine, but they have a pretty good track record of selling "clean" blood. When they sell it, they guarantee the blood type, when it was drawn, how long it has been stored and how and that the blood is free from disease or contaminants that could potentially harm the recipient. Can you make the same claim?

This is also how they raise money so they can help people in distress and not charge them for their services.

There track record of selling "clean" blood isn't based on the fact that they get the blood for free. If you allowed buying and selling of blood I'm quite sure that companies would pop up that could do the same job for a lower cost and provide the same quality of product. Other companies that would buy and sell blood wouldn't waste money trying to help people that had their houses flooded because they were stupid enough to live in a flood plain... The red cross has a history of using its monopoly to generate funds to pay for people's stupidity under the guise of help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.