How can I manage Apple IDs in a business environment?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wanted to place this thread in a Mac IP networking forum, but I don't see them here so I hope this is still a right place to ask.

my boss wanted all our users to have their own Apple IDs, however the problem I find is that there won't be any compliance if the users are allowed to use thier own personal Apple IDs. Hence, I propose that the IT department will create Apple IDs for the users.

Problem 1:
How can I get the users who are assigned apple IDs to have their mail calendar sync without affecting their personal apple ID?

Problem 2:
Am I right to say that all apps installation and updates require Apple ID to login?

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I'd give Apple a call and as I recall, they used to have some special setups and arrangements for those in such a "business environment", but that was quite a few years ago and I don't know if they still offer such options.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have a look at a service like JAMF .

Even if you don't opt for this or a similar service it does have some good information about what you can do from a group device management perspective.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.