How can I clone a HD with 2 partitions.

Reaction score
I am trying to clone my 1 SSD with OSX 10.6.8 on 1 partition and OSX 10.11.5 on the 2nd partition.
I have tried disk utility, drive genuis and disk drill. I just do not know how to do it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you a million

Reaction score
I would just create on the second HD two partitions with the same sice as the old got and copy each Partition by it selve to the Partition on the new HD with Carbon Copy Cloner

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I would just create on the second HD two partitions with the same side as the old got and copy each Partition by it self to the Partition on the new HD with Carbon Copy Cloner
That's right. you have to clone each partition separately. Any of the utilities which can clone the drive should be able to handle this task. Create the partitions using Disk Utility first.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I would just create on the second HD two partitions with the same sice as the old got and copy each Partition by it selve to the Partition on the new HD with Carbon Copy Cloner

+1 This is the way I would do it as well.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.