Home render farm?

Reaction score
I intend to create a home render farm, but I have no clue of what to do.

We have two mac pro (a G5 and an Intel Xeon Dual Core) an a Xserve Raid with 2.7 TB and they are in a Local LAN.

We use 3D Maya and Final Cut.

I need some guide to put this to work together and make the render faster.

Any help???

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
We have two mac pro (a G5 and an Intel Xeon Dual Core) an a Xserve Raid with 2.7 TB and they are in a Local LAN.

A G5 is not a Mac Pro...a G5 is a Powermac G5. A Mac Pro & a G5 have completely different processors!

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My mistake, but that doesnt change anything or answer my question.

A good number of new folks to the forum mistakenly call a G5 a Mac Pro because they look so similar...but "under the hood" they are VERY different. And I agree with you...this doesn't help you with your Render Farm Project...but calling the G5 a G5 in the future may help with future problems/questions!:)

Unfortunately I cannot help with your Render Farm project....not my area of expertise. Hopefully someone will get you an answer soon.

Welcome to Mac-Forums, :)

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
A good number of new folks to the forum mistakenly call a G5 a Mac Pro because they look so similar...but "under the hood" they are VERY different. And I agree with you...this doesn't help you with your Render Farm Project...but calling the G5 a G5 in the future may help with future problems/questions!:)

Unfortunately I cannot help with your Render Farm project....not my area of expertise. Hopefully someone will get you an answer soon.

Welcome to Mac-Forums, :)

- Nick

Thank you ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.