help to identify a required apple display connector

Reaction score
i purchased one of the first apple separate display monitors early i the years of 2,000.It was attached to an an Apple laptop long gone for recyling.

I am looking use it with my early 2013 macbookpro retina laptop.Using perhaps to a thunderbolt connector.

The plug has two rows of three by three plugs or prongs sepearted by a space.

Can anyone tell me how and where to look for such an adapter please?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
i purchased one of the first apple separate display monitors early i the years of 2,000.It was attached to an an Apple laptop long gone for recyling.

I am looking use it with my early 2013 macbookpro retina laptop.Using perhaps to a thunderbolt connector.

The plug has two rows of three by three plugs or prongs sepearted by a space.

Can anyone tell me how and where to look for such an adapter please?

Need to know exactly what video connector it has. Does it look like photo #1 or photo #2?

If #1…forget about it.;)

img54761608.jpg

DVI-connector.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sounds like Apple Direct Connect and as Nick says forget about it. Good last century, past it now. There is not, and I think never was an adapter to connect it to DVD say. Most Macs, G4 Towers, in its day came with dual graphic cards, one ADC and one DVD-I and you selected the one you wanted. Wikpedia tells us about it:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Display_Connector

For a laugh enter Apple Direct Connect or ADC into Google. Now an entirely different thing urging you to run to the Apple Store.

OP
B
Reaction score
thank you very much for your help and advice.the connector is unlike the images. with connectors to thunderbolt so expensive and unobtainable, i will recycle the diplay.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
thank you very much for your help and advice.the connector is unlike the images. with connectors to thunderbolt so expensive and unobtainable, i will recycle the diplay.

Because of the cost of video adapters…and because of the relatively low cost of brand new (or used) monitors…recycling this display (if it's really old) is probably the advice I would have suggested after reading post #1.:)

But if this monitors video connector is not like in the photos…I would be curious to know/see what it actually is.:)

Thanks,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Check the photo of an ADC plug right hand side of the Wikpedia link?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.