Help picking out new iMac

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
B&H is big. They're one of the largest distributors of Apple products and all sorts of really expensive camera in New York.

Ohh I've heard of B&H...my wife is a pretty knowledgeable camera person!:)

They're probably selling Apple Care with a razor thin margin of profit. But I can assure you they make it up on all the other stuff they sell.

This is what I was thinking (thin margin). What I'm surprised at...Apple almost never allows retailers to sell Macintosh computers, iPhones, and iPads at any price other than what Apple sells them for.

For example...an entry level 16gig iPad is usually always $499 no matter where it's purchased from. So using this logic...if Apple sells Extended Applecare for $169...you would think that Apple wouldn't allow anyone else to sell it for less than $169.

Of course warranties are a different animal. In theory...if everyone purchased Applecare...and no one made a warranty claim...that $169 would be almost 100% profit!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
As far as the Applecare link. I seem to remember folks saying that Applecare purchased thru B&H Photo was a good deal. B&H Photo charges $122 for the extended Applecare for an iMac...Apple charges $169.
- Nick

Son of a...!! I wish I had known about this a few months ago when I got my new iMac. :\ Would have been nice to save almost $50. Oh well...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Son of a...!! I wish I had known about this a few months ago when I got my new iMac. :\ Would have been nice to save almost $50. Oh well...

I'm sure you're in this for the long haul...there's always next time!:) But of course too bad this time around!

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.