Help my interenet explorer keeps crashing

Reaction score
My dad recently died and I got his older mac.

I found someone who wants to buy it but it does not operate properly and I can not solve the problem.

I open internet explorer and try to download the newest version of internet explorer but before I can even figure out were to download it from my internet explorer just unexpectedly quite's!@!:Shouting::(:(:(

The computer had 2 hard drives and I formatted one and then formatted and re installed mac os x with the disk.

But I still does it.

I also thought safari was the mac internet browser but its not even on here. not even when I reformat! whats going on!!!

It is a power mac G4 about 860 megahertz

HELP PLZ!!!

OP
M
Reaction score
ok I just figured out how to use the software restore disk

by restarting and holding c. maybe this will fix it?

OP
M
Reaction score
great I did all 4 disks of the software stuff.

And it asked to register yadda yadda and then it was seeming to force me to give it info for my internet to connect even when I clicked I do not want to use the internet rite now and the internet is not for me buttons.

And i hit back after words and it crashed so I pulled the power plug and put it back in and now it gets stock on the starting up skreen and I can not get the disk drive to open to put in the restore disk again and boot with c button.

Gosh how do you people deal with these computers?

I plug my pc in and it just works.!!

OP
M
Reaction score
Ok now the disk drive is working what is going on.

So Now I will reformat or restore or what ever its doing agian.

OP
M
Reaction score
ok so it rebooted after restoring software

and it said my clock is set to 1977 and needs to be changed

Then takes me to lets set up your mac screen I clicked continue.

I choose usa

tell them I do not want to receive their mail.

SO HERE IS WERE I NEED HELP NOW!

It says do you want to get on the internet. And that's what this computer needs to do.

So I choose I'll use my own internet. I have com cast cable with a net gear router.

So I choose cable modem option. My other options were telephone modem local area network and dsl modem.

Should I choose local area network instead cause I have a router?

Anyway so I hit continue with cable modem.

and so I need to know what to fill in these blanks with

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p80/poopfart101/IMG_2159.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p80/poopfart101/IMG_2161.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p80/poopfart101/IMG_2163.jpg

Your guys help would be much appreciated! THANKS!

IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

Thank YOU Thank YOU thank YOU!!!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you're using a router that is providing DHCP, I would select LAN.

OP
M
Reaction score
ok so I chose LAN instead and it still wants me to fill out those boxes.

IMG_2161.jpg

So it still looks like this but instead of saying will be supplied by server there actually just blank now. So what am I suppose to fill those blanks in with? I am at a loss here.

IMG_2163.jpg

and it still wants me to fill this out to so what do I put in here? I am at a loss here.

OP
M
Reaction score
ok I figured it out. I chose the atuo choose thing.

and I guess it just wanted fake emails or something cause I had no idea what it wanted and its working now internet and all!

OP
M
Reaction score
ok mac sk I can not figure out which download you want me to get off that Macintosh Web Browsers Software at The Mac Orchard
page
but I am just trying to get safari and internet explorer on my mac is so ****** i cant even do that.

I CANT DO ANYTHING ON THIS MAC IT JUST CRASHES

what is this junk? I thought macs were the anti crash? but thats all it does I can not even get a different browser cause internet explorer just crashes before I can figure out what to god **** do. im so frustratted!!! HELP JESUS PLZ

OP
M
Reaction score
meeting narjing

if internet explorer is so bad why is it all it gives me when I reformat and go back to factory settings.

WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH MACS?

OP
M
Reaction score
so i downloaded safari for mac os x on my pc and put it in my mac and ran it and its for too new of a version of os x too new for my computer.

I have the buy for the computer here rite now and I wanna sell it to him but he is computer illiterate and if I can not figure this out there is no way he can.

and all he wants is a computer to brows the internet with.

why does this computer come with a horrible internet browser?

Reaction score
if internet explorer is so bad why is it all it gives me when I reformat and go back to factory settings.

WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH MACS?

Just a little advice. Don't come here and bash the system when you are trying to get help. Most people won't help you at all because of your attitude.

Good luck with your system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Ahh we got a troll!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
OP
M
Reaction score
so it turned out the problem is its just obsolete and apparently when it comes to mac you just can not do much with an obsolete operating system.

which makes no sense.

You can't get any software I called mac and they told me themselves.

I have to have no choice but to update the system to mac os x tiger if the computer is to ever be used for anything practical again.

and the computer just barely meets the system requirements which is ridiculous.

and the software is like 300 dollars brand new. So spend 300 dollars on an obsolete peace of crap 2002ish computer? or pirate hmmm can't decide.

Way to go mac.

OP
M
Reaction score
and to those who are saying don't bash the system on here if you want help.

Well you'd be getting pretty frustrated with your computer to if it just kept crashing wile surfing Google and all the internet browsers your trying to download wont install cause the systems just to old etc

You'd be going crazy yourself.

Especially since my dad was a mac fan and all my life I heard how easy and user friendly and simple mac is to use.

and then i get on it and can't do the most simple basic things.

You yourself too would be going bat **** crazy.

You know you can get a pc from way back when with a Pentium 2 and brows the internet just fine with windows 95 or 98.

So I do not quite see why with a mac you can not brows the internet if your system is just old.

Quite the puzzle of ******** if you ask me.

Reaction score
Dude, you are dealing with an extremely old OS. Try and get a PC running on NT 4.0 or 3.51 and then get back to us about how great it is. Bottom line is that it is out of date and there is no longer any support for it. Welcome to the world of computers...

FYI, your comment about browsing the internet with 95 or 98 is WAYYYYY off. Try installing it and let me know how that goes will ya? It has no support and the latest browsers won't install and what it has can't load half of the WEB pages out there because of this.

Also, before you start to bash me as a Windows hater, you should know that I am an MCSE and I also develop on Windows. I support Mac, Windows and Solaris daily.... How many 2002 PCs do you see out there?

Save yourself a buck...

OSX Tiger, Books, Computers Networking. Great deals on eBay!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.