Help me with drag and drop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Has the "open source" internet spawned the Cheap Generation?

What ever happened to "there's no free lunch"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Sorry guys, I did not mean to imply there were no freewares for Mac, only that there were fewer than for PC. Things like moveaddict and sizeup would be the types of things that I would normally expect to find for free on PC, but they are shareware on Mac.

I've found lots of good freeware and am using some of it, but the universe of freeware is smaller, that's all. It's something I am willing to accept. And with such an inexpensive solution to my cut n paste problem, the freeware complaint is mitigated.

I'd rather have fewer high-quality freeware apps than the mountains of crapware that's out there for Windows.

And a lot of really good apps for Mac OS X are available for less than $10.00 anyway.

OP
C
Reaction score
Has the "open source" internet spawned the Cheap Generation?

What ever happened to "there's no free lunch"?

I've spent a lot of money on hardware AND software over the years. Just because I look for a freeware solution first doesn't mean I am cheap. I have already registered moveaddict and it's doing exactly what I need it to do. But when there is a good free alternative, I will take it. Do you turn your nose up at free software just because it is free?

I have used lots of top notch free software and paid for lots of crappy software before. I don't mind paying for good software and usually contribute to donationware when I find it useful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Do you turn your nose up at free software just because it is free?

No, of course not. Usually it's because it's not worth the price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Seriosly, I know a number of Mac users who just don't seem to have an issue with this.

You dont know me but im one of them. I love the OSX file/folder structure. I understand it to be logical where as the Windoz structure i find you need to navigate deep deep to get where you want to go.
I hate that strategy hence me moving across the pond.

OSX is logical

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP 15" i7, 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OS-X 10.7.2; iPhone4 iOS 5.0
...the other thing I miss about PC's has come up and that's the limited number freewares....

I've done extensive research on replacing the literally tens of thousands of dollars I've spent over the years on Windows software, updates, upgrades et al, prior to committing to the switch to the Mac OS. I've been stunned to discover that I can replace virtually all of my existing functionality for under $2000. The functionality I will 'lose' in the short-term is that which I rarely use, so will hardly miss. In many cases it will be duplicated by plug-in software for the Windows replacement software I have selected. Most of the software I will be sourcing is available for sub-$50 if not freely available, with only a couple of programmes exceeding $100. The crap freeware that currently clogs my Windows OS will not be even slightly missed.

How I wish I had seriously considered switching to Macs years ago.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.