Help Me Get Psyched For My New iMac!

OP
N

ncooper15

I just recently purchased a new intel imac too. I bought the 17in one with no upgrades just right out of the box from the apple store, and when I got it home I found a nice suprise. I am not sure if there was some of a mix up or not, but mine came with a wireless mouse and keyboard. and I am not complaining at all, they both are really nice. I love the machine. Although I must admit I only bought PC before this one, and was pleasently suprised. And Bongo you are not the only one. I found a dead pixle in mine too, but it is at the bottem of the screen, and hardly noticable, unless I am watching movies, and its in the black portion of the widescreen. Its just really anoying more then anything. But I live over 2 1/2 hours from the apple store, so it is really not worth the trip back.

OP
B

BoingoBongo

Well I sent it back. One of the enigneers at Apple kind of gave me a hard time. I told him I spent too much money for my computer to have a problem, and I wanted an exchange because the screen was defective. He told me, "Well, it's defective by your standards."

Anyway, I sent it back and they said they'll refund my card. Then I can order a new one. Although now I'm pretty scared that a new one will have the same problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
BoingoBongo said:
Well I sent it back. One of the enigneers at Apple kind of gave me a hard time. I told him I spent too much money for my computer to have a problem, and I wanted an exchange because the screen was defective. He told me, "Well, it's defective by your standards."

Anyway, I sent it back and they said they'll refund my card. Then I can order a new one. Although now I'm pretty scared that a new one will have the same problem.

Ouch, that's harsh - "defective by your standards". I'm crossing my fingers that mine won't have any dead pixels. I didn't just blow two grand on something to have it not be perfect. I'm planning on having this thing for a looooong time and if it's not, it's going straight back. Got my fingers crossed for you too, man.

OP
B

BoingoBongo

Thanks! I just ordered another one today. If it works as good as the last one with no screen problems, I'll be 100% satisfied.

And I wouldn't worry about the video problem. My iMac did have it, and if you ordered the 256mb video card, yours probably will too. It's annoying, but Apple told me it was software related so it should be fixable with a patch.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too. Hopefully we'll both be loving our new Macs in no time. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
BoingoBongo said:
Thanks! I just ordered another one today. If it works as good as the last one with no screen problems, I'll be 100% satisfied.

And I wouldn't worry about the video problem. My iMac did have it, and if you ordered the 256mb video card, yours probably will too. It's annoying, but Apple told me it was software related so it should be fixable with a patch.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too. Hopefully we'll both be loving our new Macs in no time. :)

Got an email from Apple the other day -- delivery date for mine is the 16th. Whoo-hoo! I'm not too miffed about the Front Row glitch because (1) like you said, a patch should be out soon, and (2) Front Row is already running beautifully on my Cube :)

OP
D

DigitalN.

Im pretty sure that glitch is hardware. overheating of the videocard, becuase that is exactly what I get when I overclock my 7800GT too far on my PC.

OP
B

BoingoBongo

Hey y'all!

I'm posting this on my nnew iMac! It was delivered this afternoon. So far I am 10000000000000% satisfied. I have one stuck pixel, but it's hardly noticeable, and later on I'll run the video flashy thingy to try and fix it. No big deal.

It updated the OS to 4.5 as soon as I turned it on. Front Row has worked great for me so far. I watched some of The Office and it worked beautifully.

I'm so happy!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.