Help make an automation/shortcut

Reaction score
Day-to-day, my responsibility for picking the kids up from school varies. I‘d like a reminder/automation/shortcut that does the following:

At 3:45 p.m. I get a notification on my Mac and iPhone that asks “are you picking up the kids today?”
If I click “n” then it stops.

If I click “y” than it sets an alarm/notification for 4:45 that says ”leave now”

Then, when I dismiss the 4:45 alarm/reminder, it runs a shortcut which I already have (it sends a text to my wife that says I’m on my way and, after a delay, shuts off the lights in my office).

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Day-to-day, my responsibility for picking the kids up from school varies. I‘d like a reminder/automation/shortcut that does the following:

Have a look at Awaken. It has the ability to launch a file with your alarm:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I was interested in "Awaken" until I read reviews in the Mac App Store. It seems the developers have been dragging their feet now for several years.

I definitely recommend testing the app before buying.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.