Heat issues with new MacBook Pro?

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.2 C2D, 2GB Ram, 128MB GeForce 8600M GT
Reaction score
I have read about that but apparently when applying the paste properly it only reduces the temperature by 2 degree F

See here http://www.macdevcenter.com/lpt/a/6605
Yeah I saw that and LOL'd my butt off. Measure core temps of a cpu via the OUTSIDE of the case? ROFL puh-lease. Would you take the temperature of your refrigerator by placing a thermometer on the exterior DOOR? Or use that thermal gun on the door? LMAO.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.2 C2D, 2GB Ram, 128MB GeForce 8600M GT
Yeah I saw that and LOL'd my butt off. Measure core temps of a cpu via the OUTSIDE of the case? ROFL puh-lease. Would you take the temperature of your refrigerator by placing a thermometer on the exterior DOOR? Or use that thermal gun on the door? LMAO.

lololol. We are talking about the temperature of the MBP...as a whole. Not just the CPU temps. So therefore...in his experiment...it is acceptable to measure the temp of the case. He is just concerned with the amount of heat as a whole coming from the system and since people raised eyebrows about the way the CPU is smothered in thermal paste he tested it out!

I don't know how you do it in macs but if you want to measure the temp of the CPU in a PC...you just go into the bios for a fairly accurate result. I dare say it is just as easy on a mac...no?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.