• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Headphones

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook: 2.2 Core2Duo, 120GB HDD, 1GB Ram, Superdrive.
sennheiser mx75 sport for the gym

How do you like them mate? I've been looking for something to use when running but want to be sure they don't pop out all the time.

Very open for other ideas around the same price class. - Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
can you tell the difference between a really good 350$ headphone and a equally good 700$ one? I bet nobody can. But I guess when your profession demands it you tend to go for the most expensive as it automatically deemed to be the best.

I listen to a lot of music but I think my Bose QC3 doesn't perform any better than my 25$ Sony.

Yes. I can easily tell because I own both headphones of those price ranges. Also, that's because Bose is crap; pretty unanimous from us at headfi.org.

Let's see how well other people are at testing their sound sensitivity over at: http://mp3ornot.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
eh, maybe not crap. but certainly you're paying more for the name than the quality IMO

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
eh, maybe not crap. but certainly you're paying more for the name than the quality IMO

I'd say Bose just has great marketing. I used the word crap because I was going to link to the webpage that I THOUGHT was boseiscrap.com, sorry. Can't find that site for the life of me now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Yes. I can easily tell because I own both headphones of those price ranges. Also, that's because Bose is crap; pretty unanimous from us at headfi.org.

Let's see how well other people are at testing their sound sensitivity over at: http://mp3ornot.com/

I did hear the difference, but it's barely noticeable though.
What about the AKG K 141 headphones?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
How do you like them mate? I've been looking for something to use when running but want to be sure they don't pop out all the time.

Very open for other ideas around the same price class. - Thanks.

i like them. they have several fitting options for different size ears. i have never had an issue with them popping out or even feeling like they are going to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook: 2.2 Core2Duo, 120GB HDD, 1GB Ram, Superdrive.
i like them. they have several fitting options for different size ears. i have never had an issue with them popping out or even feeling like they are going to.

Thanks a lot. I'll give them a try then.;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
I personally am in love with my Sennheiser HD477 around the ear headphones, excellent sound quality, play loud and well, sound killer (yah I know)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yes. I can easily tell because I own both headphones of those price ranges.

I'm sure there's a difference, but I'd add that in my experience the more you pay, the less pronounced the differences become.

Going from a 10$ earbud to a 80$ Shure e2c was pretty amazing.
The jump from the e2c to the e3c was also pretty impressive.

I also got to test the e5c for a weekend. They were pretty incredible, but didn't offer the same kind of quality increase as the $200 gap between the lower end models does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah that's a given, the difference is very little the higher it goes. After a while it becomes a style thing or status thing (which reminds me, this is the first computer forum that doesn't argue about monster cables. I have my own theory why but anywho...)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
about the significant markup for the particular name? ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.