I have never heard about a red screen. Watch below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8p7yZFwFtI[/url]

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I know that your video mentioned that you were doing some rendering (not sure if that's old news or not).

But what troubleshooting have you done so far? Has the computer even been rebooted?

This may have no relation to any sort of any color "screen of death"...but more related to the:

- computing tasks you're doing
- 3rd party auto-loading installed apps
- customization apps
- conflicts between apps.

To eliminate a lot of these possibilities...we need to do some basic troubleshooting first (such as rebooting the computer). Especially since (as you mentioned)...the "Red Screen of Death" is not a common thing.;)

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you for the response! The computer has been rebooted and is working as normal as of now. I was rendering with adobe encoder and it happened as a youtube page was being loaded. I just wanted to see if anyone knew how to prevent it from happening in the future.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Great to hear everything is fine after rebooting!:)

My guess is it could have been a weird combination of what was being done (the rendering, You Tube, other open apps, maybe installed 3rd party extensions, etc.). Could even have something to do with the version of the internet browser you're using...and/or the version of Flash that's installed. All sorts of combinations.

I would say that unless it happens frequently...or unless you can reliably duplicate it...it may just be a rare or one-time occurrence.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.