• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Hardware wishlist for Apple to add to their computers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
What sort of products would you like to see in a near future?

Here goes my first wish: e-book. I think it's time for Apple to create something bigger than iphone and smaller than macbook. Something like a pocket book (5 x 8" aprox.) with dual touch screen (to be used like an e-book, like a full sized screen or like a notebook with a virtual keyboard). With newest intel atoms and high quality screens, I think it would be possible in terms of energy, comfort and weight. I work in education and it would be pretty useful to have a tool like that.

You mean something like this recent patent filing?
http://gizmodo.com/5043024/leaked-a...-full-of-new-multitouch-tech-for-a-mac-tablet

Reaction score
Dual DVI on the mini (i know it's a little much) and a DVI on the iMac would be nice. I would love to run another monitor off my Imac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
what I want i've been wanting for 17 years.... I have seen much improvement compared to 1990... but I want more of it.

lower prices.

imac and macbooks UNDER $1,000... under 900?

I know coworkers who will spend $700 on a dell laptop but won't spend $1K on a mac because "it's too much money".

Can apple sell an imac for $900 and still make a profit? I assume they can't because they are not doing so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Ah but lower prices and value for money aren't always the same thing. Sometimes yes and other times not so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
This is kind of un-related, but if you guys would like to track everything that you're computer is doing go to www.islayer.com and you can download the Dashboard widget, or the menu bar icons for your Mac. It monitors everything from temperature, to RAM usage, CPU usage, Internet Connection and more.

As for some hardware I'd like to see, I'd like to see Apple make their own line of Apple microphone headsets or some audio equipment. That would be kind of nice for listening to music and chatting with friends over iChat, and worrying about compatibility issues wouldn't be a problem anymore.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
This is kind of un-related, but if you guys would like to track everything that you're computer is doing go to www.islayer.com and you can download the Dashboard widget, or the menu bar icons for your Mac. It monitors everything from temperature, to RAM usage, CPU usage, Internet Connection and more.

If this is in response for my request for an HDD activity light, note that I'm already an iStat Menus user. The trouble is that it's worthless if the UI is locked up, or if you're running Windows in Boot Camp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.