Hard Drive Upgrade setup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook 2 GHz Intel Core Duo. 2G RAM
Hi,

Right now, I have this setup: internal hard drive 750 GB on my 2009 Imac, and the external 1TB USB 2.0 as the backup drive.

My space is getting exhausted, and I need to upgrade the disk.

What come in mind is the External Hard Drive My Book 2TB that has firewire 800 connection.

However, do you guys has any recommendation for the best setup?

If I decided to put my 2TB as the backup drive, move most of my old photos to my old 1TB, can the external 2TB hard drive becomes the time machine backup of my internal 0.75TB and external 1.00 TB?

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If I decided to put my 2TB as the backup drive, move most of my old photos to my old 1TB, can the external 2TB hard drive becomes the time machine backup of my internal 0.75TB and external 1.00 TB?

Yes, no problem moving the photos and then setting up the 2 TB for Time Machine for the internal 750 MB. To use the 2 TB for backing up both, you'll have to manually backup from the 1 TB to the 2 TB. (If I correctly understand what you're trying to do)

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.