Hard drive is on its way out. About to swap it.

OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.66 ghz C2D 4 GB RAM
Maybe it's too late to mention this, but you could have used Superduper to backup your old drive to you new drive. Superduper will make the backup bootable. Then you could swap disks and you would have all your data, programs OS levels the same without worry about the 10.5 disks.
good to know. too late now though. thank you. when i do eventually find a copy of 10.5, i will backup with superduper so if this happens again, there will be no problem. thank you.

OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.66 ghz C2D 4 GB RAM
btw, i updated iTunes, then added all my music back in on my new HDD. then i excitedly sync'd my iphone 3GS as it hasn't been backed up since 3.1 came out.

here's what happened. it said it was syncing, but i'm not seeing my contacts back in address book. I also saw all my newest music isn't on my phone. i went to sync the music, and it says my iphone is sync'd up to a different itunes library, which makes sense. it wants me to set it up as a new iPhone. will i lose all my stuff if i do this? like my texts and contacts and settings and all that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.