Hard drive Capacity e mac

Reaction score
I have just discovered that i have 3 separate user names on my mac, I can' think how they got there except I did migrate some programs and docs over about 2 months ago.
Thats not my question - what I can't work out is why when I look at the used and free amount of space on the harddrive it doesn't tally at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Do you want to share the figures? If it's a difference of 5 - 10 Gb for example (can't be more accurate than that at present), that can be put down to the amount of disk space required for the OS. If however, it's something like 20 Gb, then there's a reason.

Eg. have you done an Archive & Install on your eMac? If yes, then there's a Previous System folder in the root directory. That PS may contain one of your other user accounts. If everything is working as it should, and has been for some time, you can safely delete the PS folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.