Graphic issue, screen turning white

Reaction score
Hi,

The screen on my macbook slowly dies after about an our of use (because of the heat?), it has bars in the middle and slowly turns completely white as you can see on the pictures on the google drive link. Bug Macbook Pro - Google Drive

Do you have any ideas what the problem might be ? Thank you

Edit : Macbook Pro 13" Mid 2012 A1278, i7 2,9GHz, Intel Graphics 4000

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Do you have any ideas what the problem might be ? Thank you

I would suggest something goofy with your graphics card or chip, but it would be best if you would supply your MB Year and model and any other pertinent details and some of the gurus will probably give you an accurate answer.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
R
Reaction score
Do you have the Apple Diagnostics Software you could run if it was supplied or available for that MacBook model???
======

I ran the diagnostics software and it told me "There may be an issue with the power adapter" but I don't think it has anything to do with my problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I ran the diagnostics software and it told me "There may be an issue with the power adapter" but I don't think it has anything to do with my problem

Gheese... :eek: :eek: That makes about as much sense and help as if I told you the problem is with your diddly whatzit.

Sorry. :Smirk:

- Patrick
======

OP
R
Reaction score
Gheese... :eek: :eek: That makes about as much sense and help as if I told you the problem is with your diddly whatzit
======

Haha yes exactly and it's probably just because my computer wasn't plugged when I ran the test.

Thanks anyway :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.