Got my backup drive & Leopard disc-Now what do I do?

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I did drag the icon from the desktop to the app folder in finder. When I click on it, however, it displays the same message. That I must copy CCC to my hard drive.
??I am confused.

Reaction score
Try to post a screenshot of this message so we can see what you are looking at. (Command-Shift-4) which will give you crosshairs. Use that to select and frame the area of the screen that show this Finder Window and the error message. This action will create a picture on your desktop which you will attach to your post here.

I did drag the icon from the desktop to the app folder in finder. When I click on it, however, it displays the same message. That I must copy CCC to my hard drive.
??I am confused.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hope this works

trying this out

Picture 1.png

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't know what I was doing wrong this morning. It is working now. Must have not had enough coffee.
Naftalim, thanks for the help. I would have never realized how easy it was to post a screen shot.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
back with one more silly question. I have successfully set up the backup drive. Formatted for mac OS, set up a GUID partition for bootable backup.
When I start CCC and press clone option, it asks if I want to erase the content of the target drive. Now there are no files on it, but does that erase the settings I just created? I would think the warning refers only to files and not how the drive has been formatted, but I just want to be sure.

Reaction score
CCC will prepare it properly so no worries on that regard, just go ahead and clone. Just make sure to select the Volume that you chose for your bootable backup.

back with one more silly question. I have successfully set up the backup drive. Formatted for mac OS, set up a GUID partition for bootable backup.
When I start CCC and press clone option, it asks if I want to erase the content of the target drive. Now there are no files on it, but does that erase the settings I just created? I would think the warning refers only to files and not how the drive has been formatted, but I just want to be sure.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
looks like the clone process completed easily. I need to try and boot from the backup to make sure it is good. Do I just select it as start-up disk in system preferences and restart? If it does not work, how do I undo and start with internal HD?

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good news is CCC worked like a charm. I was able to boot from the clone.
Bad news, after install I get the Leopard 3D background, welcome screen shows as normal. When I log into any account, however, it starts to load the desktop, but reverts back to the welcome screen. On hold with Apple support right now. :Grimmace:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.