• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Google Wave Invites

Reaction score
I've given up on it, can't get it to work, so I'm sorry ArrowJ, I appreciate the gesture... but I always say, don't knock it until you tried it... I'd say 2 hours straight is trying.:)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I've given up on it, can't get it to work, so I'm sorry ArrowJ, I appreciate the gesture... but I always say, don't knock it until you tried it... I'd say 2 hours straight is trying.:)

I played around with it too, and apparently it doesn't let you invite people right off the bat. It takes a while...and it kind of sucks that you can't add other people that don't have wave accounts. >_>"

I really like Rosy the translating bot. It's a little buggy and the translation is off slightly but it's still cool nonetheless.

Reaction score
Got my invite. Thank you so much! I'll invite people as soon as it will let me--hopefully that's soon.

Reaction score
I played around with it too, and apparently it doesn't let you invite people right off the bat. It takes a while...and it kind of sucks that you can't add other people that don't have wave accounts. >_>"

I really like Rosy the translating bot. It's a little buggy and the translation is off slightly but it's still cool nonetheless.

I'm a weird guy, once I'm set to stop using a certain app, there's no getting back to it for me... maybe that's one of my bad sides;D

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'm a weird guy, once I'm set to stop using a certain app, there's no getting back to it for me... maybe that's one of my bad sides;D

Well you kind of have to look at it this way. It's still kind of in the "beta phase." Most of the cooler features are still in development.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I would love an invite guys if anybody has one up for grabs. I'll share most of mine with forum members at least 5+.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I would also like an invite, would share as well.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Well you kind of have to look at it this way. It's still kind of in the "beta phase." Most of the cooler features are still in development.
That, and at least for me, there is a lack of people using it so I have no one to try it with. Anyone interested with chatting with yours truly on Google Wave?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
That, and at least for me, there is a lack of people using it so I have no one to try it with. Anyone interested with chatting with yours truly on Google Wave?

Send me an invite and I'll chat with you all you want ;P

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
So, it appears that Google Wave invites have been temporarily suspended due to concerns over the ability to support more users. Apparently, we are each getting a new wave when it is confirmed that the current system can handle more users. See here for more info.

So, for the sake of testing Google Wave with others, who would be willing to share their Wave address?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So, it appears that Google Wave invites have been temporarily suspended due to concerns over the ability to support more users. Apparently, we are each getting a new wave when it is confirmed that the current system can handle more users. See here for more info.

So, for the sake of testing Google Wave with others, who would be willing to share their Wave address?

::Raises hand::

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Just got mine too. Thanks and will keep those wanting posted as to when i can work it out ...:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Finally got my invite. Too bad I can't share with others yet, but as soon as they switch it back on we'll need to resurrect this thread to invite others. In the meantime, if anyone wants to try it out, PM me and I'll send you my address. We can probably start some side Mac conversations and polls there just to try it out. Without trying to subvert or undermine M-F, of course :D

At least for the casual user, I think the key to this product is definitely going to be in a large user base and extensions created by developers.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Who needs an invite? They are letting me invite people now. I have only a few left so send me a Private Message. ^-^"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Requested an invite from Google. I figured I'd try it out, see what it's like. It's very intriguing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 Gigs of ram
Requested an invite from Google. I figured I'd try it out, see what it's like. It's very intriguing...

Ha goodluck getting one from google in the foreseeable future

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
If anyone has an invite left and would be kind enough to shoot one my way I would be most grateful!

Cheers,

Chris ;D

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I sent out invites to Dillinger-63,LelandJLK, and twdcmd.

I need your e-mail gagnerants.

I don't have anymore invites to give out. Sorry guys. T_T"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 Gigs of ram
thanks for the invite. I appreciate it. still kinda hard to work my way around it if that makes sense

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.