Google Docs replacement ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac -Monterey-12.6.7 27"Retina 5K, Late 2015, 3.2 GHz, i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, 250 GB SSD
I have been using Google Docs for awhile with friends and it has such advantages that it is very tempting to use. Lately I have noticed that unauthorized PPL seem to be watching under the ID of variety of names like "Anonymous Badger", "Anonymous Kiwi" etc.

This is a bit unsettling, but since we are not using it for commercial gain and we use different operating systems, i.e. Mac and Windoze, it cannot be Apple based like Pages (I am ass-uming). I also realize that if something is free then I am the merchandise. It is incredible useful but...

So with this in mind is there any other choices out there for collaborating on documents?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Just like google Docs, Apple & MS offer their suite of apps on the web, so no more OS needed.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
is there any other choices out there for collaborating on documents?
There are so many that it's almost a matter of what can't you colaborate on?
You can collaborate between "teams" and mailing lists on some email clients, Spark is particularily focussed on this.
You can collaborate directly between other users in your Contacts with Pages but they need to have macOS and Pages to make it work smoothly.
You can collaborate directly with MS Word in much the same way as Pages or
you can collaborate using Drop Box either by sharing the documents or sending document links via email or social media.
You can also collaborate using the share function in iCloud Drive or MS's OneDrive which can be easily linked to Drop Box.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.