Good (Free) FTP Program

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Sure. In the future, if you want to hawk a product on here, please don't act like a disinterested third party.

We have very strong rules against advertising/spamming.

Reaction score
I was being serious when I said I have no affiliation with Flow, Extendmac, or any of the developers.

I've never spoken a word to any of them, nor have I spoken to anybody about Transit or Flow until now (besides the fact that I posted a thread about Flow a while back, because it really interested me; in looking back I noticed that Bryan himself posted in that thread; we didn't speak, nor did we before or prior that occasion.) I just wanted to share the up and coming software that I happened to stumble upon.

The opinions I express are strictly based off of research and reading. I'm not being endorsed or pushed by anybody to say what I've been saying. I think Flow looks like a powerful product that will because much more superior to Transit, irregardless of anybody else's hearsay.

Please realize that I am being honest about all of this. When you stated that you wanted "full disclosure" about my relationship to the Flow developers, I thought you were just poking fun, but even so, my answer was serious. Other than reading his blog and viewing the Flow website; thats all I know about the guy!

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I apologize if you feel like I was trying to advertise the product for my benefit; that isn't the case!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i7, MBP 2.2GHz, Hackintosh (retired)
I should get Flow for free since my username is flowrider.

For the record Cyberduck works just fine for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" imac, standard apart from 256Mb VRAM
I couldn't get on with cyberduck but found FireFTP add on for firefox - quite good

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Hi Bryan (Schweb).

I'm guessing you missed a beat, given I don't think I was being referred to by my real name back in the days I was active here. In fact, I actually just turned up after a quick glance in my referrers ;-)

But, yes, I'm the developer of Flow. And no, I've never met or have spoken to Brendan before.

I'd be glad to answer any question you guys have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
Super newbie question... what exactly does everyone use these FTP applications for? Transfers over the internet or strictly within your network? It looks interesting and FTP seems pretty simple (how it works, I mean) but what exactly is everyone using it for?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Transmit here. Tried it, loved it, bought it.

For a free FTP Application CyberDuck is great. I have it as a back up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Super newbie question... what exactly does everyone use these FTP applications for? Transfers over the internet or strictly within your network? It looks interesting and FTP seems pretty simple (how it works, I mean) but what exactly is everyone using it for?
FTP is the most popular protocol people use to transfer files to other computers (webservers, mostly).

As usual, Wikipedia has some great info on this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.