Going to Switch (Yippeeeee)

OP
N

noirluispher

I purchased APPLECARE for my iPod from the Apple site, and I didn't get charged taxes. In fact, I purchased using the government option and received $15.00 off. I even have a Apple store 90 minutes from my front door.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I don't think they (Apple) charge tax on Apple care.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
since apple care isnt actually a product that has to be shipped they have no reason to really tax it

OP
S

southside

Hawaiian Impost Tax

TylerMoney said:
alls I know is there is definently tax on the apple website.

I ordered my Powerbook 15" SuperDrive (w. faster HD and 1 512 Meg memory chip), MS Office, Quicken, and APP) from a rep at Apple (via phone). He told me there would be sales tax as Hawaii has Apple Stores. He did not tell me that there would be a Hawaii Impost Tax added to the order. I am disputing the Impost Tax (not very much compared to the rest of the order) as I wasn't told about it ahead of time by the rep. I don't mind paying tax and such - just let me know up front, before the bill arrives.

By the way, I LOVE my PowerBook!! The more I use it, the more I like it... I also have been browsing the book - Mac OS/X, The Missing Manual by David Pogue - while at Borders. Great book for folks new with Macs! All those short cut keys, and description of better ways to do things than a newbee would guess at left to our own devices.

SouthSide

OP
T

TylerMoney

I'll have to check that one out. I'm enjoying by powerbook more and more as well...they're just esquisit peases of work....and talk about some industrial desing...they look, feel, and are amazing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I bought my powerbook in a store but for some of my only purchases i was surprised when I got hit with the tax after I already completed the order....guess it goes to show that you should read the fine print

OP
F

Fomer

I've only purchased my products from the store.

I don't believe my powerbook had any tax.... But I know Panther did.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.