Glossy Display

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
ok thanks for the comments :)

I think I'll pop to my local store before buying and see whcih I prefer!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
digital john said:
Is there something that you can put on the screen that can prevent glare?

I remember seeing recently an advertisement for a little cover that you just stick to your screen so the person next to you can't see what you are doing on your computer (ie Airplane). It looked like it just stayed on with static electricity but I am not positive.

Does anyone know what I am talking about?

yeah i saw the commerical as well - its by 3m, i dunno about antiglaring though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
3M makes filters that are for privacy protection, but also convert your screen from matte to glossy, or glossy to matte, depending on model. They're spendy, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
i plan on picking up a macbook pro soon i will be using it for digital photos/photoshop. what will be better a better choice for me, matte or glossy?

S

sursuciofla

Frankly it doesn't matter b/c usually what you see is not what you get when it comes to LCDs and graphics/digital photography. I would suggest glossy, although I would never choose it personally) as it would probably be more true to color. I have never had problems with matte though as I have learned the curve when it comes to the colors on my screen.

I like matte just b/c when my friends and people showing me stuff want to put thier greasy nasty hands on my screen I can easily clean it up. Seems glossy has to be maintained like a window. My sister's laptop with glossy screen is so greasy right now...it repulses me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
good, if you get your print profiles right and know how to use the right swatch palettes and know your paper you can get exactly what you see on your screen. Glossy distorts those colors a bit making them a lot more vivid so it would be much more difficult to know what you are getting when you print. I would highly suggest the matte, even though you already got it, because it will be more true to what you will print.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.