Giving iPod 60gb Photo to friend

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20'' 2.0GHz 2gb Ram 400gb HDD
any help with this would be much appreciated!

i have an ipod 60gb photo that i use with my mac but am giving to a friend since i am getting the video ipod. Originally i had awindows pc when i bought the ipod, but recently switched to an iMac, anyway i cant remember if i reformatted it when i switched to mac or just left it in the fat32 file format. When my friend installs it on his windows pc will he go throught the standard setup, ie, the ipod cd will take you through every step automatically, or will he have to go throught any special setup or format it or do anything out of the ordinary out-of-the-box-setup, as the ipod still has lots of music on it, basically i dont want any music or anything left on it, just to work for him.

sorry, if what im asking here is very basic, but i dont know much about file systems, etc and i dont want anything to go wrong.

any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 - The Latest And Greatest
if you havent done much to the iPod it should just do its normal stuff as long as you dont have your libary on the photo :spook:

OP
Shadowfax
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20'' 2.0GHz 2gb Ram 400gb HDD
what do you mean ''as long as you dont have your libary on the photo''

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000
Why don't you just format it for him on his pc? That way you'll know nothing's left on it and it'll be ready to go for him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 - The Latest And Greatest
Shadowfax said:
what do you mean ''as long as you dont have your libary on the photo''

i mean that you dont have your songs on the ipod you need to also de-authorise your mac so he can put his songs on. :dive:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.