GarageBand for the amateur - Looking for advice

OP
R
Reaction score
"GarageBand for the amateur - Looking for advices"

And could you replace the first post with the one I wrote today?
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Nono.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We'll change the thread title but the first post has to remain the way it is otherwise the entire thread would be removed. Keep in mind that your thread has moved to the top and concerned forum members will read it from the beginning anyway. That's the way forums work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Pretty good.

I keep banging my head at it but I just can't catch on to using GB. I can use it great for Midi work, but getting used to the loops and beat generator just confuses me. Guess cause I am just used to manually imputing my songs note by note in other software. GB does allow me to do this, if I had my KB. But to me its utter pain to throw together a loop mix for something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Very nice effort again. Exodist may be a head banger from way back, but I am a foot tapper but I know what he means.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Very nice effort again. Exodist may be a head banger from way back, but I am a foot tapper but I know what he means.

LOL yea! I remember when MTv played music videos, I know sounds crazy huh! Used to set up till about 10pm at night and wait for Headbangers Ball to come on, best music played all day!

But looking to learn GB now to create original scores for my youtube videos.. Really sets you apart from the rest of the crowd..

OP
R
Reaction score
:)

Thanks!

From my point of view, I'm an amateur and until now I didn't miss anything in GB that I have to find in another software. I mean that people may use this first to learn recording and make demos and move to something pro when the real thing is coming.

If I'm looking for advices today, this is because I know I'm still using GB at 50% of its possibilities and buying another software wouldn't be a clever move.

Anyway, glad you bang your head and tapped your foot! :)

Nono.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.