Gaming

OP
F

flyingpostman

I think you are dreaming a little if you want to play really any modern first-person-shooter on a laptop, buy a cheap PC if you want to do this. Laptops are better suited to strategy type games, puzzle games, etc. I think they are a little more battery friendly anyway. BTW, does anyone know a decent backgammon game available for the mac?

OP
J

jessica

Kids, it was a question. Calm down. I have a desktop windows pc. I game on that. it was just a question, not an invite to deter me from a mac purchase.
I kind of thought this was a mac forum. :)

OP
B

Bwoody06

yeah i figuared for what iam doing, a ibook would be alright, but for gaming A Dell 9300 or a 6000 would be ok. But im still really impressed on how the IBook performs.

OP
E

Eleven

I have a PB 17 1.5/2gb and will never try to game on it.

I am contemplating the replacement of my 3.2 P4 Toshiba by a nicer Windows laptop.

Balanced between the dual 5200rpm drive Toshiba Qosmio G15 AV 501/128mb video/512 Ram and the amazing screen and DL DVD burner of the Sony Vaio VGN-A 290 in spite of only 64 Mb video and 4200 drive, both apparently scoring better benchmarks than P4/3.2 or 3.4 equiped laptops.

What would you do?

OP
B

Bwoody06

I would go with the better video card one. Cause one day your gonna come up to finding something that wont work on the other one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.