G5

Reaction score
I have successfully installed and use an Adaptec 29160n scsi card in a g5 dual 2.0. I have now purchased a G5 dual 2.3. and I assumed that I could fit the same scsi card to the new g5 .WRONG!!. The newer machine has shorter pci slots and thus the scsii card wont fit. Does any one know of a card which will fit or offer any advice on how to solve this issue?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have a feeling your Dual 2.0 was that last model which had 3X 33 MHz 64-bit PCI slots. There were other Dual 2.0 before that with PCI-X slots. Your new Dual 2.3Ghz has PCI Express slots instead of the 64-Bit PCI that your older G5 had.

Not sure on a replacement card, but I will look around and see what I can find.

Edit, there are some PCI Express SCSI cards on this page. Not sure if they are equal to yours, but it's a starting point at least.

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/Viewprod...pts=CTRL-RAID&Dname=<B>Controllers+-+Raid</b>

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.