G5 iMac will not boot. Now i get the blue screen of death!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
i wanted to send my computer in too, but they siad i had to go into the "local authorized dealer" 1/2 an hour away. The guys there were no help too, and then my warranty was up, the apple support was garbage...

OP
I

IcerC

I dont understand the love for apples? My PC gives me soo much less pain.

Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully it gets fixed.

MacAttack did you get a new mac?

OP
F

Fallooza

First I would like ta say ive seen some complantes about Apples customer service at the forums lately. My thread is not a complaintabout Apple, and I am not blameing Apple for What is wrong and all my data being lost. I know i should have backed up, and i didnt. I lost everything and know that its my fault. If i would have read the fine print on the warrenty when i bought it i would have known how far ta take it whaen/if it broke. so that is also my fault. And things just brake cant blame anyone for that. I dont want people thinkin this is a rant, i was just tryin ta get help at the forums and now im letting people know what i am doing ta fix it. So........

I did take it in today. come ta find out i should have taken the install DVDs with. Dude said they might not need them sinse i dont want anything backed up. I was suprised by how few Qs they asked me. Anyways now I wait.

OP
F

Fallooza

OK everyone (which is probably only dtravis7) i finally know what the problem is. I got a call and they left a message. It was the logic board. Dude said he had ta order a new one, and it would take about 5 days and hoped it would be done on Monday.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Interesting and thanks for the update. The ones I have found on the net with your symptoms were either the power supply caps or Logic board. Glad they found the problem though and it will get repaired.

OP
F

Fallooza

i just got home from the bar and am very wasted. I also got a mesage my iMac was ready for pickup. Ill go tomarrow asa soon as i get up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.