G5 dissapointment

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
he was just getting his anger out, and it was solved two weeks ago. that last comment was not needed.

tripsta- could you post some pics of your setup?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
TripSta said:
And what happened to extensions manager??

Trust me. You'll get used to not needing Ext Mangr. It sounds like blasphemy, I know :eek: . I looked for that sucker for like two weeks when I first switched to OSX. It took me like a month to get used to stuff being in my home folder. Don't tell Morrigan, but I still don't like the way iTunes stores files by default.

Once you get used to it though, OSX is a great file structure. also once you get used to it you'll see it isn't that much like XP at all. What got me over the hump with OSX was a book called 'OSX the missing manual' I highly recomend it if you're having a tough time making the 9 to x transition. Some of the lower spec G5s (and the newest dual 2GHz models too) came with regular PCI cards maybe you could trade with someone?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.