G4 1 GHz vs G4 1.33 GHz

Y

Yuniverse

I would also like to know... how much of a difference in performance(especially regarding VirtualPC) between 1.25(previous generation) PB and the new 1.5 PB?

J

Joeytpg

Guys but you are comparing the 1.0 ghz ibook with the 1.33 ghz PowerBook.... but how about the 1.2 ghz ibook (14") with the same 1.33 PB 12" ?

i mean...is it A VERY BIG difference??

T

TylerMoney

yes, front size bus and cache make a huge difference, and more ghz is always better....plus I'm pretty sure the 15 pb has a better screen resolution that the 14" iBook....the 14", if they didn't change it in the recent upgrade, and I am pretty sure they didn't, has the same screen resolution as the 12".....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
Joeytpg said:
Guys but you are comparing the 1.0 ghz ibook with the 1.33 ghz PowerBook.... but how about the 1.2 ghz ibook (14") with the same 1.33 PB 12" ?

i mean...is it A VERY BIG difference??

Absolutely, yes. However it's not because of the processor, but because of the cache memory and the faster front-side bus.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
If the FSB are the same, my guess is it's not vastly different, but obviously there is a difference, I doubt you could really see it in most apps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.