Future of Mac-Forums App

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello everyone. Wanted to communicate that the Mac-Forums app will most likely be discontinued within the next week or so. For business & technical related reasons the Mac-Forums app is being discontinued.

The site software Mac-Forums runs on is actually VERY mobile device friendly. The look & feel of Mac-Forums via an internet browser on a mobile device is actually very close to what's experienced on a desktop/laptop.

The Mac-Forums internet browser experience is actually closer in "look & feel" to what's intended...than the Mac-Forums App.

The Mac-Forums app most likely will go offline within the next week or so.

Thanks,

- Nick

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Hello everyone. Wanted to communicate that the Mac-Forums app will most likely be discontinued within the next week or so. For business & technical related reasons the Mac-Forums app is being discontinued.

The site software Mac-Forums runs on is actually VERY mobile device friendly. The look & feel of Mac-Forums via an internet browser on a mobile device is actually very close to what's experienced on a desktop/laptop.

The Mac-Forums internet browser experience is actually closer in "look & feel" to what's intended...than the Mac-Forums App.

The Mac-Forums app most likely will go offline within the next week or so.

Thanks,

- Nick
Thanks for the heads up, Nick.

For our members who are a bit nervous about this, I will say the same thing I mentioned in the staff discussion about this a few days ago. I have used both the app and a browser to interact with the forum on my iPhone. Before this started being discussed I had not used the app in months. I've almost always used Safari.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I always use the browser version whether on my iPad or on my iMac. No significant difference as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, thank you Admins & Mods for looking after the Forums. The invisible background work must be quite considerable.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have 4 Macs, most recent 2020, 13.3 MacBook Air running on osMac 10.15.3
Hi,

I don't use the App, I use the Application on a Mac. Does this mean I will no longer be able to access the forum ? If so I would like to take the opportunity to thank all members who have helped me in the past, especially senior members & staff. You will be sadly missed.

All the best to you all for the future.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Hi,

I don't use the App, I use the Application on a Mac. Does this mean I will no longer be able to access the forum ? If so I would like to take the opportunity to thank all members who have helped me in the past, especially senior members & staff. You will be sadly missed.

All the best to you all for the future.
You can access Mac-Forums through any browser on your Mac or mobile devices.

We also had a native iOS and Android app that provided access, but a very different user experience.

It's those mobile apps that are being removed. Access to the forums will remain through the browsers.

We aren't going anywhere..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have 4 Macs, most recent 2020, 13.3 MacBook Air running on osMac 10.15.3
Well certainly glad to hear that.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I have to admit I'd forgotten I still had it until a recent post about difficulty logging into the app. I was almost surprised when I found my iOS version still works. I like most of us, use an iOS browser nowadays but it was a great stop gap measure when it was introduced and, as I did back then, thank everyone for their efforts in developing and launching the mobile version of these forums.👍🏼🙏

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.