FRUSTATED with iphone ringtones! :Angry: :Angry:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Can you guys take this offline?

Sorry if this seems rude, but this isn't the place to bark your opinions at each other and dress them up as facts; then accuse each other of poor education and personal insults, because they disagreed with your opinion.

Almost everything that is 'created' is sold and traded by middle-men. Book publishers 'steal' from writers, and 'strangle creativity' by ignoring 99% of what is out there. Then the book shops/distributers do it all again before anything hits the shelf. So do we say stealing books from Barnes and Noble is ok?

I personally think publishers have far too much power, but the reality is, without the huge sums of money swilling about in the software/music/entertainment industry, it's unlikely the technology to distribute these mediums 'freely' would even exist.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Agreed Zoolook.

I would further note that this country is run by the rule of law. Not everyone may agree with the laws as they stand (some may even consider them immoral) but *while* they stand, companies have a full right to operate within the complete envelope they provide. Unjust laws should be removed by the same mechanism that put them in place, namely the legislative and occasionally judicial wings of our various government bodies.

Reaction score
I don't remember ADVOCATING piracy of music!. Read it again... then again... until it digests properly. Laws will never change, unless it suits the governments coffers. I go by what is right and wrong morally, and in the eyes of God and my own personal (and sensible, fair) judgement, not what is force fed to me, by some farce of a "law". This is not to say that I am not law abiding, but I make my own decisions thanks all the same, and no "policy" or "law" is responsible for how I live my life.

I do a lot of things which are *morally* correct, but some of which are possibly questionable by some of these antiquated "laws". Morals are forsaken in order to rigidly enforce some laws, and I answer to ONE person; God. Do I care - I have a very good life, and I am a responsible person. Look at the bigger picture folks; the point I am making is NOT music piracy is ok/not ok. You know what I mean, but are scared to agree with me, even if you DO!.

Feel free to walk around like robotic toy soldiers, controlled from high above, even when you know you can make a conscious decision to NOT be controlled. I thought Apple would have taught some people, to "Think Different"?. Then do so.

Zoolook - I can read between the lines. I could maybe say that you are giving the impression that two wrongs make a right?. I don't download "pirated" anything, but what you have basically stated, is that YES the record companies/publishers do extremely bad things, and rip people off, but ohhh because the law has it in print, that it's all fine and dandy, then it is fine to do so, yet at the same time cast judgement upon people who do something equally as wrong, when in fact you should be questioning your OWN actions, first.

This is not a religious forum, but this quote from the Bible, is a great way to put this issue back into context:

1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

I'd rather be poor and happy (that's me!) than rich, knowing I'd sponged off the back of someone's creativity and good fortune, to meet my own ends.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
I think you should write a letter to someone, becuase it seems you still have alot more to say...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
You know...that was one of the most STUPID rants I have ever seen and is so typical of uneducated, disrepectful and selfish people that have no idea of copyright laws, protection of businesses to profit from an investment...which is the "system" we live in....DOH!

I think that's why it's called a RANT. I people often complain about laws, copyright issues, even though they're currently laws. We always need to re-evaluate the way we do things and challenge the status quo.

Reaction score
Call it a rant - stick a label on it, smile, and then sweep it under the rug?. Call it what you like, but it's the inescapable truth! ;)

Amusing, how when something is discussed that people object to *personally*, then all of a sudden it magically becomes a "rant". Hah! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Zoolook - I can read between the lines. I could maybe say that you are giving the impression that two wrongs make a right?. I don't download "pirated" anything, but what you have basically stated, is that YES the record companies/publishers do extremely bad things, and rip people off, but ohhh because the law has it in print, that it's all fine and dandy, then it is fine to do so, yet at the same time cast judgement upon people who do something equally as wrong, when in fact you should be questioning your OWN actions, first.

This is not a religious forum, but this quote from the Bible, is a great way to put this issue back into context:

My post was addressing a number of points made in this thread, not just yours. I wasn't accusing you of anything, other than bringing your personal views to a debate as 'facts', then jumping down someone's throat when they disagreed. I agree, they didn't do it in the best way, which is why I respectfully asked you guys to take it off line. You chose to ignore that.

I didn't say anywhere that two wrongs make a right, so I am not sure which lines you've been reading between. :Oops:

Even worse, you seem incapable of posting your opinions without insulting someone. I mean, is this the best way to start a post:

"I don't remember ADVOCATING piracy of music!. Read it again... then again... until it digests properly."

That's more or less calling the guy a moron. Someone who is highly respected and made a perfectly calm comment, that wasn't even aimed at you.

Your post from the bible seems almost deliberately ironic, since none of your posts have been without judgement (you called a guy Joe Corporate).

Personally, I think I probably have a lot in common with you, I am not a big fan of corporations, especially publishers ;D but you might just want to work on your delivery. You've made 7 posts, and more than half of them kick off by trashing someone or stating some 'fact' that is merely your opinion.

Call it a rant, call it what you like, but it's the inescapable truth!

Should read:

Call it a rant, call it what you like, but it's my opinion :D

PEACE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Amusing, how when something is discussed that people object to *personally*, then all of a sudden it magically becomes a "rant". Hah! :p

Actually, it magically became a rant when you stated "rant endeth." :Smirk:

Feel free to walk around like robotic toy soldiers, controlled from high above
Oh, the irony.

Reaction score
My post was addressing a number of points made in this thread, not just yours. I wasn't accusing you of anything, other than bringing your personal views to a debate as 'facts', then jumping down someone's throat when they disagreed. I agree, they didn't do it in the best way, which is why I respectfully asked you guys to take it off line. You chose to ignore that.

I didn't say anywhere that two wrongs make a right, so I am not sure which lines you've been reading between. :Oops:

Even worse, you seem incapable of posting your opinions without insulting someone. I mean, is this the best way to start a post:

"I don't remember ADVOCATING piracy of music!. Read it again... then again... until it digests properly."

That's more or less calling the guy a moron. Someone who is highly respected and made a perfectly calm comment, that wasn't even aimed at you.

Your post from the bible seems almost deliberately ironic, since none of your posts have been without judgement (you called a guy Joe Corporate).

Personally, I think I probably have a lot in common with you, I am not a big fan of corporations, especially publishers ;D but you might just want to work on your delivery. You've made 7 posts, and more than half of them kick off by trashing someone or stating some 'fact' that is merely your opinion.

Should read:

Call it a rant, call it what you like, but it's my opinion :D

PEACE

Agreed there, sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Just to remind everyone, if you can't be respectful, don't post. Unless you can follow that rule (which is explained in more details in the forum rules) you won't have an account here very long.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.