frontrow in leopard - downgrade?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz / 4 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
I like the new Front Row a lot better, especially since it's a whole lot faster. It seems like it doesn't have to open iTunes or iPhoto to listen to music and view photos. Definitely a plus in my eyes. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.2 ghz 24" iMac 2.4 ghz
I can go either way on the Front Row. I liked how the old one looked but I also like the little changes in the new one. That's just me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
The performance upgrade alone makes this one worth it to me. I do miss the old transition into and out of Front Row, but as far as what's actually important, I think the new version is much, much better.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I love the new Front Row. Faster and for me a better interface.

Reaction score
Downgrading Front row in Leopard Is Possible

You can download the old front row from apple v. 1.3 or something. Then go to system/library/coreservices and replace FrontRow.app with the old version of Front Row.app. Then restart your mac. The old version runs fine and no more small font issues. I am not too fond of front row 2.0 just yet. Plus i wanna be more than 5 feet away with my remote and still be able to view my music library,..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.