Fresh switcher's first impressions for MB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
ezhangin said:
F10 uses expose to toggle between applications. If you press tab after F10 you can cycle through active programs.

Oooohhhh! that makes more sense. I figured there had to be some reason for it. That's actually pretty useful. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Thank you ezhangin, that actually makes sense. I have never tried TAB after F10 - the way that it puts obvious focus on a window meshes nicely with the idea of selecting an app to work on. Ahhhhh..... the lights go on!

I am reading the Missing Manual book for OS X Tiger but I haven't got to this yet. Thanks for explaining F10. It is not as silly as I thought.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
jhelm007, thanks as well. This also makes sense now. However, I thought that "the Apple way" was NOT to store stuff on your desktop. An Apple salesman told me that - keep a clean desktop, he said. I have always been that way anyway, and so it never occured to me that you would need a simple way to get all the windows out of the way so that you could get at underlying stuff on your desktop. This is actually a great idea for some people - wow, OS X is pretty neat.

K

Katie

sdaisha and bobismo - thanks for writing these reviews! I really liked reading what you two thought about your Macs when you switched. I kept some things in mind since I'm always looking for reviews to read these days anyway. the more the better! sorry to bring this thread semi up from the dead, but I felt like it was worth it. :)

E

eechiwawa

Hi, thanks for the comments on your experiences. I'm a soon-to-be first-time Mac owner, with my MacBook 2GHz duee at the end of the week.
This and other threads have helped me to find out many interesting features and tips that I'm sure will make my Mac: Day 1 experience even more enjoyable!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Very well worded impressions guys!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.