Free Keylogger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey all, I apologize in advance if this is not the right place to post this. I’m a father of a teenager. He spends a lot of time on the computer. I usually never use it, however, I just started to more often. I noticed that he keeps deleting the history. I asked him about it and he said he doesn’t clear it. I know he is lying and honestly makes me worry now that he is up to something.

Is there a way I can install a
free keylogger? This way I can see what he actually does.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I did a quick search, found this:

and

My kids have kids now, so I don't know if any of these will do for your needs, but you can take a look

OP
J
Reaction score
I did a quick search, found this:

and

My kids have kids now, so I don't know if any of these will do for your needs, but you can take a look i also found a solution from here free keylogger
thank you for your all suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Is there a way I can install a free keylogger?

Just a point to keep in mind when looking for an option, keep in mind that some keyloggers are next to impossible to remove if they don't include some method or an un-installer program.

I'm sure the day will come when you no longer need it nor want it installed.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Are you sure it's not a Preference or Setting that is deleting the History on Exit/Close/Quit?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Moved to better area (originally in the Switcher Hangout).

Nick

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Are you sure it's not a Preference or Setting that is deleting the History on Exit/Close/Quit?
That's a good question.

I didn't think of it before but I am starting to wonder if the Mac is set to allow users to log in as "Guest". That setting keeps users from seeing some things on the Mac but also deletes such things as the browsing history. It also clears items from several other places (including the Downloads folder IIRC).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
@Slydude, it was more about browser and their "clear browser history" option if set to Quit or Close. Safari used to have it a few (OS) versions back.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.5 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I didn't think of it before but I am starting to wonder if the Mac is set to allow users to log in as "Guest". That setting keeps users from seeing some things on the Mac but also deletes such things as the browsing history. It also clears items from several other places (including the Downloads folder IIRC).

That's correct, Sly. If the owner clicks on Users and Groups, and allows someone to use "Guest", this is what it says:

S1.jpg

If the "Allow guests to log in to this computer" is checked, it explains, in bold text, what happens when they log out.

I assume that includes Safari history.

Ian

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.5 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@Slydude, it was more about browser and their "clear browser history" option if set to Quit or Close. Safari used to have it a few (OS) versions back.

Yes, Bob, many versions ago, this option was available:

From the Safari submenu within Settings, scroll down to the Privacy & Security heading and turn on the virtual switch associated with the Do Not Track option. This will prevent Safari from creating and updating a History folder, and storing information about webpages you access or view in the future.

That quote comes from an article dated 2014.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Yes, Bob, many versions ago, this option was available:

And using an even earlier Safari version, Version 9.1.3 provides this option if "Private Browsing" is chosen, but doubtful if that version is being used as it came with Mavericks Mac OS 10.9.5, and is a drop down menu option:

Screen Shot 8.png

It says:
"Safari can keep your browsing history private. When you turn on private browsing, Safari doesn’t remember the pages you visit, your search history, or your AutoFill information."

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, in Safari > Preferences > General, the option for Remove history items used to have the option "On Exit" I believe it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.